Lead Buyer, Paid Media
Los Angeles, CA
Overview & Responsibilities
The Executive Director Sales position is responsible for managing licensing activities in the domestic theatrical marketplace, including but not limited to; film licensing, film settlements, film rental negotiation and forecasting for various markets under the supervision of the VP of Sales.
General Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Solicit theatrical playdates to ensure appropriate licensing of Paramount releases
• Administer weekly holdovers for current releases
• Negotiate film rental with exhibitors on a national level
• Coordinate licensing for Group Sales initiatives and other revenue generating early screenings
• Ensure the appropriate content formats/versions are booked and exhibited for your sales territory
• Analyze the competitive marketplace by evaluating grosses, impact of new theatres, etc. Use this data to prepare detailed reports regarding sales activity, projections, and trends
• Develop, nurture, and maintain relationships with Circuits/Buyers/Theatre Owners and their support staff
• Report results of trade screenings to Senior management
• Oversee billing functions of weekly film engagements, which may include establishing advance and guarantee payments
• Reconcile discrepancies with the finance team regarding playdates, grosses, advance payments, delinquent box office reports, and payments for your sales territory
• Liaison with the operations team regarding antipiracy initiatives by ensuring proper security measures are established and enforced
• Perform theater checks and gauge audience reactions for special screenings, as needed
• Travel for conventions and key out-of-town meetings
• Bachelor's Degree, desired.
• Minimum 7 years relevant work experience in either exhibition or distribution, preferred
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel), and internet software (comScore)
• Strong communication and negotiation skills
Is this the job for you? Join us!
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Hiring Salary Range: $130,000.00 - $140,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position is bonus eligible.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w6q4-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.