Overview & responsibilities
This position will be responsible for providing support to the SVP, Business Affairs in the Motion Picture Business Affairs department in connection with the negotiation of rights, writing, producing, directing, acting and other development- and production-related deals for feature films. Responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
• Drafts and distributes memos summarizing the principal terms of the deals closed by Business Affairs executives
• Performs clerical duties such as filing, typing, copying documents, document preparation, redlining, document and mail distribution, expense report preparation
• Manages supervisors' contacts and calendar
• Screens and responds to incoming calls and correspondence
• Coordinates in-person meetings, video conferences and conference calls with talent representatives, including agencies, talent law firms, lawyers and/or internal Paramount executives
• Composes and prepares confidential correspondence, reports, and other documents
• Creates and maintains database and spreadsheet files
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years' experience supporting an executive in a legal environment preferred
• Proficient with Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and internet software
• Experience in the customs and language of the US entertainment industry preferred
Founded in 1912, Paramount Pictures works with talented filmmakers to produce and distribute entertainment around the world. The film studio's iconic logo has opened some of the most successful and beloved films in cinematic history, including timeless classics such as The Godfather, Chinatown, Forrest Gump and Titanic; and blockbuster franchises such as Star Trek, Transformers, Mission: Impossible and Sonic the Hedgehog. Recent, innovative, break-out films such as The Wolf of Wall Street, Arrival, Rocketman, and A Quiet Place have added to Paramount's film legacy. With a beautiful 65-acre lot in the heart of Hollywood, a worldwide network of offices and a culture of engagement, Paramount Pictures' passionate employees ensure the studio continues to deliver creativity and innovation to a dynamic industry. Paramount Pictures controls a collection of some of the most powerful brands in filmed entertainment, including Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, and Paramount Players. PPC operations also include Paramount Home Entertainment, Paramount Pictures International, Paramount Licensing Inc., and Paramount Studio Group. Paramount Pictures is a subsidiary of Paramount, which connects with billions of people worldwide through its global brands including MTV, CBS, Paramount Network, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, BET and streaming service Paramount+.
Hiring Salary Range: $55,000.00 - 64,000.00.
The hiring salary range for this position applies to New York City, California, Colorado, Washington state, and most other geographies. Starting pay for the successful applicant depends on a variety of job-related factors, including but not limited to geographic location, market demands, experience, training, and education. The benefits available for this position include medical, dental, vision, 401(k) plan, life insurance coverage, disability benefits, tuition assistance program and PTO or, if applicable, as otherwise dictated by the appropriate Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Paramount is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3w9bx-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.