Administrative Assistant, Marketing
Culver City, CA
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
National Public Media is a subsidiary of NPR, owned in partnership with PBS and WGBH, the largest producer in public television. As the corporate sponsorship sales team for all NPR network programs, NPR and PBS stations, National Public Media works with companies across a variety of categories and objectives to generate support for the public broadcasting system, while delivering breakthrough results for sponsors.
National Public Media is looking for an experienced sales coordinator to join our West Coast, LA NPR sales office. The sales team represents NPR's radio, podcast, digital and events platforms. The ideal candidate has experience working in a fast-paced media sales or advertising agency environment, is curious about the media industry, detail-oriented, able to multi-task and has a proven ability to thrive under pressure.
NPR and NPM is committed to cultivating and promoting diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace and in our workplace culture.
• Act as primary point of coverage and support for busy, traveling sales team
• Act as primary steward of campaign management throughout full sales cycle on all orders, e.g., proposal development, inventory and creative clearance, billing procedures, client reports, etc., for both radio and digital platforms
• Assist sales team with database management, e.g., SalesForce entry and maintenance, Trello, Magellan, etc.
• Assist sales team with client prospecting, research and presentations for client meetings, etc.
• Provide administrative support including coordinating conference calls and meetings
• Other special projects as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
• 2-3 Years' Experience in fast-paced media sales team support or in an advertising agency media department
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and thrive under pressure
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills; must be able to act as primary support person on all orders for high-performing multi-member sales team
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong research, presentation and proofreading skills
• Ability to collaborate with various departments across the company including Digital Ad Operations, Marketing, Traffic, Finance, etc.
• Ability to learn new research database interfaces, CRM tools, etc.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vj34-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.