Editorial / Production Assistant
Human Resources, Coordinator (temp)
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The Human Resources (HR) Coordinator provides administrative and operational support and supports the HR team on a range of initiatives, including new hire processes and orientation and processing employee actions.
• Partner with designated HR team to redesign New Hire Orientation; also conducts new hire orientation and onboarding, including employment verification and processing
• Ensures consistent application of HR policies and procedures
• Explains general HR processes to new hires and employees and assists them in completing standard required documents and/or forms
• Monitors personnel action forms/inbox and completes all personnel actions [in eForms}
• Monitors and appropriately routes or answers HR email inbox
• Regularly review HR Benefits forms and documentation to ensure information is clear, concise and up to date
• Ensure the timely processing of all Benefit vendor invoices
• Act as a backup for data entry into the Human Resources Information System
• Assist with HR compliance audits and ad-hoc projects
Qualifications and Relevant Skills:
• Two years of experience in Human Resources
• Knowledge of HR operations and processes
• Able to operate with tact, discretion and sensitivity with respect to confidential information
• Team player with strong work ethic
• Organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to work remotely and independently
• Ability to manage a high volume of work by balancing competing deadlines and priorities
• Highly efficient with time management and ability to actively follow up on critical employee issues
• Maintains a professional demeanor and is able to quickly and effectively communicate across all levels of the organization
• Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio), Google Office, Slack, performance management tools, familiarity with HRIS and applicant tracking systems - Ultipro a plus.
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.