Corporate Communications Coordinator
Diversity & Training Project Coordinator
Across our organization, we're building a workplace where collaboration is essential, diverse voices are heard, and inclusion is the key to our success.
The NPR Training team is looking for a temporary Diversity & Training Project Coordinator for up to six months (roughly April - October, 2021, with potential to convert to full-time) to support NPR's Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) work and other training initiatives. You will work closely with NPR's DE&I Manager and others to support organization-wide diversity initiatives and NPR's collaboration with Member stations. You will also work with the team's Project Manager and Associate Director to support NPR's growing portfolio of training internally and across the public media system.
We're looking for someone who can juggle multiple projects, is able to work independently, and is nimble enough to work across multiple communications platforms. The work includes scheduling, event planning, purchasing, coordinating with other departments, communicating with Member stations, and supporting the team's trainers.
The Diversity & Training Project Coordinator is someone with strong verbal and writing skills. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate superb process and organizational abilities, effectively solve a variety of problems with calm and sound judgment, and have a proven record of working well as part of a diverse team.
Your cover letter should address your interest in diversity issues.
Come join a creative, enterprising team that thrives on individual expertise and a collaborative spirit. We focus on audio and digital storytelling, editing, audio production, diversity, equity & inclusion, leadership and more. We are dedicated to creating a culture of journalistic excellence and inclusion through reflection, experimentation and continuous learning.
• Supporting the work of NPR's DE&I Manager and other DE&I work
• Coordinating collaboration with key stakeholders, including public media stations
• Scheduling training and meetings
• Coordinating events, including brown bags, workshops, and conference training events
• Booking conference rooms, ordering food, preparing printed materials
• Managing team calendars
• Maintaining training statistics and generating reports
• Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• Significant experience handling administrative duties, including scheduling and event planning
• Proficiency with key applications, including Microsoft Office suite, Google Office Suite, Slack & Zoom
• Familiarity with contemporary issues and efforts of DE&I work
• Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and with members of a team
• Strong communication and writing skills
• Ability to travel when applicable
• Strong attention to detail
• Experience in a newsroom and/or non-profit environment
• Familiarity with project management
• Fluency in another language, especially Spanish
NPR is an independent, nonprofit media organization that was founded on a mission to create a more informed public. Every day, NPR connects with millions of Americans on the air, online, and in person to explore the news, ideas, and what it means to be human.