The Content Operations department manages the production systems and resources used by the News and Programming Divisions. We oversee, design and implement the tools, processes and services used to produce and deliver content to NPR's various platforms. We work closely with colleagues in News, Programming, Technology, Digital Media, Member Partnership, Finance and others to develop best practices, improve workflows, and ensure proper support for cross-divisional editorial and content initiatives for NPR and Member stations.
The Project Coordinator will assist with the building and implementing of a production management framework to expand story collaborations between regional stations, or ''hubs'', and NPR.
This is a full-time temporary grant-funded position for 18 months. The Project Coordinator will work across content divisions and member stations to assist with the operations, editorial and technology teams with building a production management framework. The Coordinator will assist with developing and administering the production onboarding process for existing and new hubs.
The ideal candidate must have project management experience working with teams on large-scale software development projects that involve multiple stakeholders and organizations. They will work primarily to help hubs with the adoption of NewsFlex and its suite of tools, including Planner, DEX, StoryTeller, StoryBuilder and asset management for content collaborations. The ideal candidate must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate an understanding of content production from ideation to multi-platform presentations and experience with public media and digital content production on various platforms. The candidate for this position should be able to manage multiple projects at once, is detail oriented, proactive, and customer service-oriented.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience in journalism, communications, media/audio production or another related field.
• At least two years of experience in end to end project management in a product development environment for a broadcast or multi-platform organization
• Ability to work with a cross functional team of editors, programmers, designers, and senior management on large-scale projects
• Ability to process information and solve problems quickly, including escalation
• Ability to collect, organize and disseminate critical user experience information
• User experience testing
• Good verbal and written communication
• Ability to create presentations
• Able to work well independently as well as on a team
• PREFERRED SKILLS
Knowledge of audio/video post-production practices
• Familiarity with journalistic practices
• Familiarity with content management systems
• Interpersonal skills
• Active listener
• Time management