Director of Audio Production with dotted line to EMR editors.
An assistant EMR (Edited Master Record) Editor is a person who must be proficient with ProTools, Izotope RX, Batch Commander and Sound Miner. They must be personable, organized, detail-oriented, and have excellent time management skills. They should have both Recording and Editing experience in a broadcast studio environment.
• Imports Audio from Original Record Sessions.
• Edit's circle takes or ALL takes from Original Record using the circle take scripts from Casting Dept.
• Must label and organize audio edits to Nickelodeon operation standard.
• Create and organize libraries of sounds and walla for each character and show.
• Organizes edits into a radio play for review with EMR editor, Director and/or Creator.
• Cleans any distorted or technically compromised audio using Izotope RX or other software.
• Applies Stretch, Pitch Shift, Crossfades, Edits or any other effects to make audio work for the show.
• Operates Microphone Pre-Amp, Compressors, Headphones and Software for scratch records.
• May need to work out timing for action.
• May also need to edit syllable by syllable from multiple takes to get the best possible read and audio.
• Synchronizes Dialog to Final Picture for Conforms.
• Manages ordering for any stock needed.
• Daily confirms that all Equipment is functioning properly.
• Reports all machine issues to Director of Audio and Technical Support Coordinator, Tech Ops, West Coast.
• Troubleshoots all systems as needed.
• Consults with EMR editor to determine and achieve the desired sound for the show. • Communicates with Production Crew, Casting Staff, Post Productions Teams, Editors, and Assistants as needed.
• Provides regular status updates to the Director of Audio.
• AA Degree in Audio or equivalent experience (technical schools).
• Experience in the operations of Pro-Tools, Outlook, Izotope RX and Soundminer.
• Experience in the procedures of audio, video and post-production environments.
• Recording experience a plus.
• Strong Technical troubleshooting skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken.
• Ability to perform well under pressure.
• Ability to manage a large number of tasks concurrently.
• Ability to prioritize effectively.
• Team player, flexible and collaborative.
• Articulate and dead-line oriented.
• 1 year + in broadcast audio environment.
• Operating system experience in Macintosh OSX
• Familiar with software applications: Microsoft Excel, Final Cut Pro, Avid Media Composer, Avid Pro-tools, Waves Platinum, Izotope RX4 Advance, Sound Miner v4.5, Batch Commander
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k3q0-34-228-52-223-42 in your application.