Workday Payroll Processor (Specialist I, Payroll)
Responsible for production of weekly and bi-weekly payroll processing including both exempt and non-exempt employees in a multi-state environment.
• Perform the payroll processing function; including but not limited to, entry and maintenance of time keeping edits, adjustments, voluntary deductions, involuntary deductions, and review/analysis of applicable payroll reports.
• Adheres to internal control processes, including payroll balancing procedures
• Tier 2 call center support for employee issues with a strong focus on customer service. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset employees.
• Must remain flexible and available to work on any/all disaster or emergency situations or holidays that impact payroll processing deadlines.
• Assists facility personnel/applicable accounting staff in research and resolution of payroll transactions
• Completes some of the more complex payroll functions; including, ensuring that payroll files have been generated and transmitted for assigned facilities, quarterly and year-end balancing as applicable.
• Stay knowledgeable on Payroll industry updates
• Assist in the Monthly/Quarterly/Year End Close process
• Proficient with HRIS and/or payroll systems
• 5+ years of payroll experience with 2+ years of multi-state payroll.
• Proficient with Excel and Microsoft suite.
• Critical thinking and analytical skills
• Must have excellent internal and external customer service skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Required High School Diploma.
Other skills/experience it would be helpful to have
• Experience using Workday in a payroll processing environment
• College level education
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0y5y1-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.