TV News Video Editor/Photographer Trainee, Full-Time
WAVY-TV10/WVBT Fox 43 is looking for a full-time Video News Editor/Photographer Trainee to edit for all newscasts. The News Editor/Photographer operates editing and camera equipment to produce images or scenes for newscasts and other programming.
• Organizes and strings together raw footage into a continuous whole according to scripts or instructions for newscasts and other programming
• Reviews assembled footage on screens or monitors to determine whether corrections are necessary
• Trims video to specified lengths and reassembles segments into sequences that present stories with maximum effect
• Determines the specific audio and visual effects necessary to complete spots
• Sets up and operates cameras, computer editing systems, electronic titling systems, video switching equipment, and digital video effects units to produce a final product
• Selects and combines the most effective shots of each scene to form a logical and smoothly running story
• Confers with other personnel to discuss assignments, work product and desired effects.
• Maintains editing equipment
• Trains to become a News Photographer
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High school diploma (college preferred)
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year experience operating video editing equipment
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
• Proficiency with video editing equipment
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Willing to work and all shifts, including early mornings, evenings, Holidays and weekends
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The News Editor/Photographer Trainee must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work near others, and work outdoors, and indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. In addition, the News Editor/Photographer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required. Must be able to lift 60 pounds on a regular basis. Work may be conducted in extremely bright or inadequate lighting conditions.
To be considered for this job you must apply online at:
Please remember to upload a copy of your cover letter and resume.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p3z1-54-211-101-93-42 in your application.