Client Success Manager
The Supervisor, Client Success is a leader within our Client Success team that serves as a consultative digital marketing lead for Nexstar's largest advertisers. As part of the Strategic Accounts group, Client Success team members oversee day-to-day account management and campaign process, partnering with operations teams on fulfillment and optimization, and providing reporting with strategic insights and analysis to the clients. Client Success tells data-driven stories about campaign performance with a focus on client retention and campaign renewals as key performance indicators. The team collaborates very closely with Media Strategy and Sales throughout the entire campaign process, pre-sale to post-sale.
The Supervisor has oversight of a subset of accounts managed by other Client Success team members, while also owning client onboarding of all clients under their team and management of our largest accounts. This individual is also responsible for other team-related projects, with a focus on continuous improvement of our Strategic Accounts Team. Experience with digital media campaigns and client-facing account management is required.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Account Supervision:
• Oversee a set of accounts managed by a team of Client Success Managers, with a focus on client satisfaction, retention, renewals, and growth.
• Onboard new accounts, working closely with Strategy and CSMs to ensure a smooth and easy process for all parties.
• Develop trusted partnerships with stations and clients, serving as an initial escalation point on account work. Resolve escalated account issues in a timely and effective manner, keeping other leaders informed and involved.
• The Supervisor doesn't have direct people management responsibilities but is the primary contact for account-related guidance to their team.
• CSM Responsibilities – the Supervisor oversees these for their account team, and owns these directly for our largest accounts:
• Manage accounts from strategic planning through campaign reconciliation and wrap up, with primary ownership of the post-sale phases of the campaign lifecycle.
• Lead client kick-off calls and establish campaign timelines. Review and organize client assets for Activation teams to set up and launch the campaign successfully.
• Resolve campaign issues in a proactive and timely manner, utilizing resources effectively and QA technical issues when needed.
• Monitor campaign pacing and performance, alerting activation team on questions.
• Customize and present client-facing reporting dashboards. Expertly speak to Search / PPC campaigns, Programmatic Display and Video, and Social campaigns providing thoughtful analysis and recommendations to meet client KPIs.
• Prepare campaign reports that tell data-driven stories to clients with thoughtful strategic insights, including monthly reports and wrap decks.
• Team Responsibilities:
• Oversight of process and workflow.
• Close collaboration with the Director of Client Success on team projects and initiatives.
• Participation in hiring and training new Strategic Account team members.
• Reports to Director, Client Success.
• Must have experience in some of the following areas: DSPs/Programmatic, Facebook/Instagram, Google Ads, YouTube, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, TapClicks (or similar)
• The Client Success Supervisor has a strong focus on finding solutions, solving problems, and getting things done. This applies both as an account lead on client work, and internally as a member of the Strategic Accounts team.
• Emphasis on quality output, with sharp attention to detail and QA.
• Process-oriented: able to define, refine, document, teach and apply process to minimize friction for our team, stations, and clients.
• Quick learner who can absorb and understand information, then recognize trends and patterns to identify problems and find solutions
• Intrinsic and unwavering sense of accountability and ownership, taking personal pride in doing the best possible work to exceed client and sales expectations.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills; confident, articulate, straightforward, engaging, and effective.
• Highly empathetic to the needs of the client and sales contacts, as well as fellow team members.
• Comfortable with the technical aspects of digital advertising: data, tagging and tracking, programmatic buying, dashboard configuration, advertising platforms, etc.
• Well-versed in digital strategy, understanding industry standards and best practices. Excited to keep learning about new developments.
• Embraces change: adaptable, agile, able to pivot to reflect changing processes and technology, industry evolution, and client requirements.
• Strong media math, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
• Values diversity, with an open-minded outlook and respect for differing backgrounds and opinions.
• Committed to playing an active role on our team while having fun along the way.
Education/Experience: Bachelor's degree (marketing or advertising preferred), or equivalent experience. Minimum of 4-5 years' experience in client-facing Account Management for digital media, preferably at an agency. A strong understanding of the entire digital campaign process is a must, from media planning and activation through to reporting and analysis.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5nz3-3-236-118-225-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.