Nexstar Media Group, Inc. is America's largest local television and media company with 197 broadcast stations (including partner stations) in 116 markets addressing more than 68% of US television households and a growing digital media operation. Nexstar's platform delivers exceptional local content and network programming to inform and entertain viewers, while providing premium, scalable local advertising opportunities for advertisers and brands across all screens and devices. Learn more at www.nexstar.tv
KLAS the CBS affiliate in Las Vegas, NV is actively recruiting for a Sales Assistant to support the Sales Executives. This is a full time, full benefits position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs clerical functions for the Sales Department.
• Enters orders, traffic, and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources.
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems.
• Prepares forms, reports, post analysis, and program formats.
• Prepares quarterly compliance reporting to public website.
• Monitors inventory, preempts, makegoods and order revisions
• Maintains files and other business records.
• Manages daily request from Sales Management team.
• Help when needed at the front Receptionist desk.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Associate degree or equivalent related experience in television broadcasting, preferably in sales, advertising or traffic gained either through work experience or classroom study
• Thrives in a team environment and demonstrates leadership skills
• Highly organized with acute attention to detail and accuracy
• Exceptional time management and prioritizing skills with ability to multi-task
• Action-oriented with strong execution and follow up skills.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Fluency in English.
• MS Office to include Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe, and Outlook.
• Knowledge of OSI, Strata, and comScore a plus!
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
This position requires a cooperative, pleasant attitude, and a willingness to take on additional responsibilities and challenges. May work in a high stress environment with deadline pressures. The employee in this position must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, work near others, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
EEO Statement: Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d9jybm-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.