The Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic and accounting perspective. The Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
• The Sales Assistant supports a team of local account executives, and other key positions in the sales department, to facilitate orders and provide a high level of customer service for advertisers.
The Sales Assistant will be responsible for maintaining sales data and assisting in creating sales presentations utilizing available programs and research systems such as Wide Orbit, Nielsen, ComScore, and Matrix. This new team member will cross-train in the department to be a problem solver for AE's and clients; duties will be varied and sometimes challenging.
The Sales Assistant reports to the Local Sales Manager (LSM), Digital Sales Manager (DSM) & General Sales Manager (GSM) for all duties and assignments and works collaboratively with all members of the sales team including account executives and other departmental managers and staff to effectively:
• Routinely update system data, program schedules, audience estimates and orders.
• Assist AE's to prepare avails using Nielsen, Wide Orbit Media Sales, ComScore, Matrix data to create presentation templates.
• Programming to create and update computerized program schedules and FCC Public File content.
• Assist the traffic department with program logging and other operational procedures.
• Enter orders into Wide Orbit traffic management system.
• Resolve logistical issues in coordination of on-air spot placement.
• Perform clerical functions as needed and assist with reception duties as required.
• Back-up other members of our sales assistant team, handling over-flow and assisting with reception coverage and national sales duties.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Update programming grid and send out weekly/daily updates
• Update Nielsen eNames weekly/monthly
• Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• Fluency in English
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• • Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The Sales Assistant must be able to type a minimum of 60 words per minute with excellent accuracy; must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions. The Sales Assistant must be able to lift, set up and operate equipment or items weighing up to 25 pounds. In addition, the Sales Assistant must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls.