The Sales Account Executive generates advertising revenue by calling on established agencies, cold-calling new prospects and convincing potential clients of the merits of television advertising.
Are you ready to work in one of the fastest growing metros in the Midwest? Columbus, OH has the 8th highest concentration of millennials in the country, is home to The Ohio State University and is the corporate headquarters of many well-known US companies! If you're motivated by selling an excellent product, great compensation and working with a talented team of professionals, look no further than WCMH-TV. We will provide the tools for powerful multi-platform marketing solutions that will create partnerships to retain and grow our existing and new client base – you provide sales ability, positive attitude, client focus, energy and desire to WIN! Our ideal candidate is coachable, thrives in a goal- oriented team environment and has strong interpersonal skills. If this describes you and you want to work for the best, we want to hear from you today!
• Generate revenue across all available platforms
• Prospect, contact and present to new businesses to generate new advertising revenue
• Manage inventory and protect station rate structure.
• Develop new revenue through local business development
• Form strategic business and market partnerships
• Manage an active account and client list
• Regularly meet with local and digital sales managers to ensure progression and success with stated goals.
• Act as negotiator for assigned accounts; ensure sales proposals are consistent with station strategies.
• Create and deliver sales presentations to multiple points of contact with client/agency personnel.
• Understand the business objectives and advertising strategies of clients and find ways to help them achieve their objectives through effective advertising
• Ability to multi-task within a fast-paced environment
• Accountability within a goal-structured organization
• Needs a positive, results-oriented attitude and must be a team player
• Proven track record of successfully selling to business owners and CEO's
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office products. Proficiency with Wide Orbit, Kantar and One Domain/WO Media Office a plus.
• Must be able to use qualitative research effectively to further sales effort
• Strong formal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Professional appearance
• The ability to operate a computer and business equipment. Candidate must have their own transportation when on sales calls. Vision to enter, review and approve sales proposals and orders.
• Bachelor's or Associate's Degree or equivalent work experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzz6m-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.