The Regional Digital Producer will work to produce relevant content and update websites within a geographical cluster of stations during low-staffed time periods. This position will regularly monitor live data across multiple websites to take advantage of opportunities and maximize growth across all sites in the region. In addition to making sure successes are shared across regional sites, the Regional Digital Producer manager will communicate potential opportunities across the group. The ideal candidate will have a background in content creation, site management, analytics, and external promotion. A strong knowledge of social media platforms is expected.
• Curate and aggregate a steady stream of interesting content that is packaged and promoted in a way that generates engagement and repeat site visitation.
• Monitor all forms of media (print, TV, digital, blogs and social) and be the quick to report breaking news stories and always on the hunt for exclusive and or trending content that will grow engagement and drive loyal, local traffic
• Flexibility to perform duties across multiple websites
• Excellent at writing headlines that grow audience and engagement
• Prioritize packaging content that grows page views per visitor and time on site, using headline testing, metric tools and observed patterns to guide decision making
• Evaluate website traffic trends to make decisions on both daily content needs and longer-term content curation that will grow local audience.
• Build positive working relationships with newsroom staff and management, work collaboratively on enterprise content, and creating opportunities to market web content on broadcast.
• Promote and distribute news content on social media.
Skill/ Experience Requirements
• Bachelors degree
• 2 years of experience in digital content management
• Knowledge of AP style
• Enjoys working in teams and is a strong communicator
• Ability to quickly learn new things and adapt to change
• Thrives under pressure and able to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and competitive
• Understand social media's importance in reporting stories and delivering traffic
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Regularly meets measurements of success
• Proficiency with Google Analytics and Chartbeat
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
The Regional Digital Producer would be tasked with updating a set number of websites during specific time. The candidate must build a strong relationship with local newsrooms and understand their needs. The Regional Digital Producer will have familiarity with local, regional, and national content and uses data to make decisions on what stories to publish and how to showcase them on websites. Producer will take stories from local newsrooms and digital reporters and help package the content for engagement. Producer will need to improve headlines and thumbnail images. Producer will communicate successes across the group to maximize traffic across as many websites as possible.
Measurements of success
• Works well with regional newsrooms
• Doesn't miss big stories
• Makes decisions based on data
• Understands KPIs and regularly works towards those goals
• Responds well to feedback and offers insights on how audience is responding to content and headlines
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm5zp6-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.