News Production Assistant
The News Production Assistant provides support to production staff prior to, during and after the production of a program.
• Support production staff with the coordination, creation, scheduling and distribution of all news marketing projects.
• Assist with general duties including screening tapes, finding still images etc.
• Research and disseminate ideas for project-related news topics and elements.
• Screen, log, transcribe and clip footage for projects; organize element reels.
• Log and archive video and associated data for future use.
Requirements & Skills:
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent communication and organization skills.
• Familiarity with processes and procedures of a television production department.
• Basic computer knowledge including MS Office.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.