The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record live broadcasts and recorded segments.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, and maintains camera equipment
• Runs audio for newscasts
• Operates teleprompter for newscasts
• Edits video
• Produces graphics and operates graphic equipment for newscast
• Maintains the cleanliness of the studio
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Flexible schedule required - nights, early mornings and/or weekends, as well as shift work are possible.
• Must have the ability to stand for a couple of hours at a time.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gqzw56-34-232-62-64-42 in your application.