The National Sales Assistant works within established Sales Department guidelines for Nexstar's Washington DC DMA Hagerstown's independent station WDVM-TV to maximize station revenue opportunities from an order entry, traffic, and accounting perspective. The National Sales assistant is also responsible for performing all clerical functions required by department personnel as needed.
• Performs all clerical functions for the Sales Department
• Maintains awareness of the most current traffic policies, practices and procedures
• Enters order, traffic and accounting data using computers, ledgers, orders and other resources
• Corresponds with customers and confers with coworkers to answer inquiries and resolve account problems
• Prepares forms and reports
• Monitors inventory
• Maintains files and other business records
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• High School diploma
• College Degree preferred
• Fluency in English
• Detail oriented
• Ability to collaborate with internal stakeholders
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
• Minimum one year's experience in clerical support or administrative assistance, preferably in the sales or media fields
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkw248-3-236-51-151-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.