Acts as Graphics Designer for WGN-TV (and other projects as directed) with responsibility to produce print, web, social graphics, and motion graphics that will enhance the stations images and promotional/news reporting efforts.
• To design and execute any and all on-air, print, and digital graphics and compositions for stations promotions activities and News broadcasts. Work with Creative Services Writer/Producers, News Producers and Reporters, and Production Directors or Producers to skillfully develop any needed graphics for Promotions and/or News stories
• To design and collaborate, as directed by Art Director or Creative Director, any promotional graphics and designs including on-air stills/motion, web, print, outdoor advertising including any collateral used by the sales department for presentations to advertisers.
• Requires an undergraduate degree in graphic arts or equivalent experience. Must be able to create and evaluate graphic images using current state-of-the-art equipment. Must be able to use graphic design to enhance station image and to ''sell'' programming to viewers and advertisers.
• Must understand and be able to operate current state-of-the-art television design equipment and software. Must also have a keen sense of current standards in television and print design.
• Requires 2-4 years' experience at a TV station or Post-Production facility.
• Receives general supervision from the Art Director.
• Daily contact with employees in the Creative Services, Engineering, Traffic, and Programming department regarding on-air promotions.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy79k3-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.