Digital Producer (Digital Content Producer)
NEWS 2 (WKRN-TV wkrn.com) in Nashville, Tennessee is looking for a self-motivated digital content producer to join the top-ranked digital news platform in Middle Tennessee. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills and experience producing digital content in a high-pressure television news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce digital content for all of WKRN's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps, and social media
• Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
• Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
• Identify compelling, unique stories of interest to the local audience and be a bold voice at editorial meetings to make sure these stories are heard on digital
• Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and placement decisions to grow digital audiences
• Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of
WordPress is a plus)
• Experience posting to various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar, and organizational skills
• Write in a smart, conversational, and shareable manner with a creative format and a firm grasp of AP style
• Thrives under pressure, self-motivated, and competitive
• Basic Photoshop and editing skills
• Basic HTML knowledge
• Ability to shoot mobile video for digital platforms a plus
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office necessary; WordPress, Google Trends, Google
Analytics, Chartbeat, and/or Adobe Creative Cloud experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred
• Two (2) years minimum experience as a digital news producer, digital journalist, or print writing
• Experience in writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require you to prioritize tasks and multitask daily, and well as manage multiple projects
simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. You must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3npe4-34-239-173-144-42 in your application.