• The Digital Producer assists with the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing original content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television and web
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions as assigned
• Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning and afternoon meetings
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials as assigned
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in, Journalism, marketing, daily newspaper, news site experience or applicable field preferred. Live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in or ability to learn in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML
• Other relevant technology skills are a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rej6y7-3-81-89-248-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.