- Full Time
Job DescriptionThe Digital Producer assists with the transition from broadcast focused newsrooms to multi-platform newsrooms through active daily example; providing training in methods, processes and tactics; as well as in creating/editing origin content beyond that which is produced for on-air.
• Expert understanding of Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms
• Reviews copy and will correct errors in content, grammar, and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Use our Social Media and Website to build and reinforce brand recognition and drive viewers to television and web
• Determines a story's emphasis, length, and format, and organizes material accordingly
• Research and analyze background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions as assigned
• Pitches on-brand local and trending stories during morning and afternoon meetings
• Checks reference materials such as books, news files or public records to obtain relevant facts
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality
• Builds and calendars digital campaigns to promote local shows and specials as assigned
• Writes stories for the web and other digital platforms
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Finds new ways to use Social Media and our website to engage with viewers
Requirements & Skills:
• Degree in, Journalism, marketing, daily newspaper, news site experience or applicable field preferred. Live, working web samples and/or print pages preferred
• Proficiency in or ability to learn in Associated Press style, Adobe Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Basic HTML
• Other relevant technology skills are a plus
• Maintain positive work environment through active team participation and cooperation with co-workers in all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6pnyq-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.