WOWK 13 News (and wowktv.com) is looking for a self-motivated digital content producer to join the top-ranked digital news platform in the Charleston-Huntington Tri-State area. The ideal candidate must have strong editorial and news judgement skills and experience producing digital content in a high-pressure television news environment. They must be able to closely collaborate with a team while being able to work independently.
• Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Produce digital content for all of WOWK's digital platforms, including but not limited to websites, apps and social media
• Excel in breaking news situations, accurately reporting and updating information as it happens online
• Work closely with assignment editors, broadcast producers and newsroom managers to coordinate three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around news coverage
• Identify compelling, unique stories of interest to our local audience and be a bold voice at editorial meetings to make sure these stories are heard on digital
• Use various metrics to identify digital content priority and placement decisions to grow digital audiences
• Copy edit content written by others and correct errors, grammar and punctuation following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines
• Ensure all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• • Specialized Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
• Strong working knowledge and experience with an online CMS (Knowledge of WordPress is a plus)
• Strong grasp of posting to various social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and IGTV
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills
• Write in a smart, conversational and shareable manner with a creative format and AP style
• Basic Photoshop and editing skills
• Basic HTML knowledge
• Ability to shoot mobile video for digital platforms a plus
• • Education/Experience:
• Bachelors degree in Communication/Journalism or related degree preferred. Three (3) years minimum experience as a digital news producer or digital journalist preferred. Experience in writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system.
• • Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
• High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require you to prioritize tasks and multitask daily, and well as manage multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority. You must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including nights and weekends.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r722qp-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.