The primary function of the Bureau Associate Producer is to assist with daily coordination of a story while the network crew is in the field. This person generally oversees the production of a story, working with a reporter and photographer to set up interviews, gather video, collect information and write stories as needed. The Associate Producer is also the liaison between the crew and the newsroom, which is based in Chicago. The position requires occasional travel to a story, including breaking news.
• Field Produce as needed for large assignments.
• Direct the day, schedule interviews, look ahead to what is next.
• MMJ skillset using small format camera: Ability to break off and spray video, record a look-live VO/SOT for the reporter, assist so photographer can make the main report the priority
• Liaison between the field and Chicago: be the point-person with the newsroom so the reporter can focus on gathering, writing and storytelling
• Work with the reporter on HFR's
• Have contacts and connections in the bureau location
• Ability to travel as needed, often with little notice
• Ability to assist with booking travel
• Scouting live locations
• Log video and assist with writing and editing various elements
• 3 years working in television news in a role that includes
• Using editorial judgement
• Collaborating with others
• Small format camera use in video gathering
• Knowledge of the city and region where the bureau is based
• Job is located in Miami.
• Ability to travel for work, often with no prior notice
• BA/BS degree in journalism preferred, or equivalent work experience
• Strong communication skills
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roon21-54-224-117-125-42 in your application.