New Business Account Executive
New Haven, CT
The Digital Media Sales Account Executive is responsible for generating digital revenue through the strategic selling of our digital marketing services offerings.
• Serve as the sales marketing lead driving revenue from digital marketing services for clients across all channels -- mobile, social, tablet and web
• Develop and execute go-to-market sales strategies that result in exceeding revenue targets in Digital Marketing Services
• Responsible for delivering and marketing a powerful suite of local digital marketing products and services that help local SMB's grow successfully
• Develop local sales strategies in major industry verticals (auto, medical, etc.)with clear goals and measurable objectives that can be tied to revenue growth.
• Establish, maintain and grow relationships with advertisers and agencies
• Position and pre-sell all opportunities to highlight the benefit and value proposition in the marketplace
• Consistently communicate with clients on all business activity
• Complete knowledge of the market and competitive landscape
• Utilize a consultative sales approach to develop strategic understanding of client's business and marketing needs
• Meet and exceed performance management targets for account activity and revenue generation
• Serve as an advisor to GM and DOS and help make informed decisions on key issues surrounding digital marketing objectives
• Establish key relationships within the local business community in order to effectively build and maintain ad revenue vs. budget
Requirements & Skills:
• BA or BS in Business, Marketing or Advertising preferred
• 3+ years of digital media sales and marketing experience preferred
• Significant knowledge of the digital advertising landscape including Paid Search, Programmatic Ad buying, Social Media Management, Mobile Strategy etc.
• Motivated, enthusiastic, self-starter who can work effectively both independently and in a team environment
• Effective communication and client presentation skills
• Ability to interact with high-level decision makers
• Ability to sell through a consultative sales experience
• Ability to sell a vast array of products
• Excellent follow-up, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to meet and exceed sales goals and secure revenue goals
• Interest and passion for digital trends and how they relate to the media/ broadcast industry
• Strategic thinker with strong ability to translate complex ideas into succinct, and compelling sales narratives
• Resourceful, self-motivated and a skillful multI-tasker
• Strategic foresight
• Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.