Remote / Virtual
Nexstar Inc. is looking for a full-time and highly skilled Account Director to join the Social team. The Social team is responsible for delivering top-notch service and strategic services to Nexstar Digital Division's Enterprise-level client base while working closely with other teams to bring strategies to life. The Account Director will lead all aspects of client communication, campaign oversight, and account growth, including on-boarding, strategy, planning, organization, analysis, and new opportunities. This individual will be responsible for facilitating collaboration between internal and external teams for successful social advertising campaign execution across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, as well as other digital channels.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Lead multiple major client accounts in all aspects of strategy, planning, execution, et al.
• Successfully work with, delegate appropriately to, mentor, and grow assigned support (Account Supervisors, Account Managers and/or Account Planners) when applicable.
• Curate knowledge of the media landscape to contextualize social advertising efforts and provide education to clients.
• Provide best-in-class guidance to clients in the form of detailed media plans, optimization recommendations, platform best practices, and more.
• Effectively communicate with account stakeholders, including internal (sales, strategy, creative, executive team et al) and external (clients, agency partners, platform representatives et al) parties.
• Remain up to date on industry developments to relay to clients along with strategic POV.
• Work with analytics and account teams to combine data analysis with qualitative insights and communicate results to clients in an accurate, clear, and concise manner.
• Ensure any account issues are resolved quickly.
• Retain and grow client accounts, with the support of account team, sales and strategy, in service of overall department revenue-generating efforts by providing the best service possible in a positive and proactive manner.
• Reports to Group Director, Social
• Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively work with interdisciplinary teams
• Knowledge of social advertising and the media landscape in general
• Fluency in all social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and Pinterest and the ability to use each channel to maximize client returns
• Knowledge of programmatic, search, and video a plus
• Strong client service skills, including empathy and understanding of underlying motivations
• Persuasive oral and written communication
• Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, or related field and 5-7 years' relevant work experience
• Previous experience in account or campaign management or media planning/buying within the digital media industry preferred
• Knowledge in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements:
• Fast-paced office environment with quick turnarounds and demanding deadlines.
Successful candidates are comfortable with day-to-day multi-tasking, as well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority based on client and Enterprise Media team needs.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.