NewsNation, America's newest primetime cable news network, is seeking to hire a Digital Producer responsible for the hour-by-hour publishing and promotion of all online content posted on the cable network's digital platforms.
NewsNation is America's source for unbiased news, where engaged citizens get news that represents the full range of perspectives across the country. The team is led by veteran journalists and draws on the local, regional and national expertise of Nexstar's 5,400 journalists in 110 local newsrooms across the country.
Formerly known as WGN America, the network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Inc, the country's largest owner of local TV stations, and reaches 75 million television households in the US
• Update NewsNationNow digital platforms (website, app, email, social) with breaking news and topical news of the day.
• Craft compelling headlines, teases and social media posts that encourage followers to click into story watch video and/or interact with the digital platform.
• Package content that encourages audience engagement to stay on the page longer or view more pages per visit.
• Pitch stories daily and develop multiple ideas off a single news topic that pushes stories forward
• Use data to inform content programming decisions
• Create digital-first content, as needed, that brings audience to the site and keeps them on the site longer.
• Edit wire and local network-affiliated content for a national audience to ensure standards for journalistic integrity and production quality are met.
• Clip broadcast segments for publishing across all digital platforms and social media channels.
• Utilize SEO best practices.
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising or marketing or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience
• 3+ years working as a digital reporter or producer in a major market or national newsroom
• Strong news judgement and ability to determine when local stories have national appeal
• Experience working with video inside Anvato, BitCentral, OBS, Latakoo a plus.
• Excellent communicator, both oral written
• Early morning, late night and/or weekend shifts may be required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyk4j3-18-205-192-201-42 in your application.