NewsNation seeks a Desk Assistant to support the News Nation National Washington Bureau. The role is intended to provide those interested in a career in journalism exposure to cable news and hands-on experience in newsgathering and television production. The position is based in Washington, DC.
- Work to gather information via outreach by calling, e-mailing or monitoring social media
- Conduct story research for field and show teams
- Compile News Roundup memo each morning
- Log or transcribe news events and share relevant editorial information with field and show teams
- Coordinate feeds of video being sent in from the field
- Provide other support to news managers, producers, correspondents, and anchors as assigned
• Minimum 6 months TV experience including internships in a news or talk show environment
• Knowledge and experience editing video
• Knowledge and experience in social media
• Knowledge of ENPS preferred
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, MS Office)
• Commitment to being a self-starter who proactively seeks out tasks and opportunities for growth
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
• 24/7 availability: ability/willingness to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
• Excellent knowledge of current events and politics
• Must have the ability to work under deadline pressure
• Must have the ability to handle multiple projects or assignments with attention to detail
• Must thrive in a collaborative work environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92jm9-3-238-199-4-42 in your application.