Full Time Job
- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAt Paramount, there is no such thing as the 'perfect candidate'.
Seeing responsibilities and competencies laid out on paper can be confronting, sometimes imposter syndrome can creep in and mess with your confidence.
Please know that we list items to give you an opportunity to show us your potential and how you can grow and transform with us. Your ability to demonstrate that you can develop the required capabilities for this role is why we would really like to hear from you.
However you identify and whatever your background may be, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day!
Paramount is a global media & entertainment organisation with some of the best known and loved brands in the world. Employing over 1,700 people locally, and a further 25,000+ globally, we deliver premium content through multiple platforms for the young (and the young at heart of course!).
We pride ourselves on creating content that gets people talking. What's more, you'll find all these great shows (and more) on our free-to-air channels (10, 10 Peach, 10 Shake, 10 Bold), subscription channels (MTV, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central), our digital platform 10 Play and our new subscription video on demand service Paramount+.
Enough about us! What you'll do as a Sales Assistant:
We're looking for an enthusiastic Sales Assistant to support our award-winning sales team in Sydney. If you want to learn from some of the best in the business and develop a long-term career in media, there's no better place to learn!
• Daily servicing of advertising client schedules across multiple platforms (linear, digital and VOD) and booking commercial schedules
• Manage advertisers' sponsorships to ensure that all marketing elements are properly booked
• Develop strong understanding of Network 10's products and solutions for advertisers
• Support and enhance agency relationships by monitoring requests and ensuring commercials spots are booked according to guidelines
• Generate and deliver billing reports and other ad-hoc reports as required
• Resolve billing discrepancies to ensure timely payment
• Participate in post analysis of campaigns
• Participate in projects, preparation of sales materials, and perform other duties as assigned
What are we looking for in a Sales Assistant? What's important?
• Experience in a corporate/office or sales environment preferred
• A customer-focused, sales orientated approach to meeting client expectations
• Strong proficiency in all MS office applications
• Detail oriented, organised, flexible, timely and accurate
• Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to adapt and meet deadlines
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
Extra points for the following, but not necessarily required:
• Prior media industry experience
• Exposure to IBMS and/or Salesforce systems
I suppose we could just list the numerous benefits our employees avail of everyday? Yes, of course we could! However, for now we'll just leave you with how our employees feel about us:
• 92% of our employees stated they would highly recommend Paramount to a friend (Glassdoor)
• We hold a 3.9 STAR RATING, by far the highest rating in the media sector (Seek Company Profiles)
Paramount embraces differences and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds regardless of factors such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property or birth. These grounds also include age, nationality, marital status, disability, place of residence and sexual orientation.
We recognise Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as Australia's First Peoples, and the Traditional Custodians of the land where we live and work. We pay our respects to Elders, past, present and emerging, and we are proud to live in a country which is home to the world's oldest living cultures.
We prioritise the health, safety and welfare of our people. As a result, we currently require all our employees who enter a Paramount premises to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 in alignment with our Vaccination Position. Please reach out with any questions or to discuss your personal circumstances.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj92be-34-231-147-28-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Simon & Schuster, a division of ViacomCBS, is a global leader in the field of general interest publishing, dedicated to providing the best in fiction and nonfiction for consumers of all ages, across all printed, electronic, and audio formats.