Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, ''the stuff dreams are made of,'' we're not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD's vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what's next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
Your New Role…
Netherrealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks a Senior Software Engineer -Gameplay, to work with the game development team responsible for Mortal Kombat and Injustice 2 to help make NetherRealm's next project it's most successful to date.
As a member of the game play team, you will work closely with the lead game programmer, and the game play programming team to implement new features, and support the design team in their efforts to create a compelling game experience. The position offers many opportunities to share experience, knowledge, and expertise across the team and code base.
As a Senior Gameplay Engineer, your domain will span as much of the codebase as your skills and interests dictate, as you design and implement extensions to existing systems and pivotal new game systems to meet the needs of our talented in-house team of content developers.
Your Role Accountabilities…
• Design, author, maintain and refactor game systems that meet all design, technical and schedule requirements
• Work closely with QA and your technical leadership to ensure the stability and accuracy of game systems by identifying, communicating and resolving defects
• Author, review and provide feedback on technical and end-user documentation of game systems
• Collaborate with technical leadership and other engineers to help establish overall technical design and architecture
• Work closely with the production staff in building and maintaining realistic schedules and identifying dependencies
• Coordinate with QA and leads to ensure successful roll out of new features to the team and establish testing and maintenance of systems
• Review the work of other Engineers and mentor them to improve their knowledge and skills
Qualifications & Experience…
• 6+ years professional C/C++ programming.
• Experience working in a large code base.
• A passion for software and problem solving
• Development experience shipping one or more game titles or equivalent experience a plus.
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb6p2x-18-207-160-97-42 in your application.