NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc, and developers of Mortal Kombat and Injustice, seeks an Associate Producer to be responsible for overseeing the assigned portions of the development team on one or more AAA projects. This position directly supports product development by providing communications, organizational, and leadership to assigned creative teams. The Associate Producer will be the key information conduit for all assigned teams, and will work as part of the full production team to provide broad support in constructing the highest possible quality of finished product. This position will be involved in all phases of production, from concept through a live product pipeline.
The ideal candidate has previously led an internal, games development team, has shipped successful games on Console, and has also worked in the Mobile space.
• Manage the schedule of assigned disciplines as part of a production team collectively responsible for the entire product schedule.
• Ensure that all project goals set by the Production leadership are being met.
• Identify processes and pipelines needed to maximize product development effectiveness
• Remove roadblocks that interfere with delivery of the best quality product within the defined timetable
• As required, coordinate with outsourcers or the Outsourcing Manager to ensure external partners are delivering on required assets
• Communicate current status of all assigned disciplines regularly to stakeholders
• Work closely with other producers to ensure all disciplines are in alignment on creative schedules
• Assist the discipline leads in defining goals for all assigned teams to ensure all team members understand their schedules and expectations
• Support PR interviews or events as requested.
• Accept and integrate feedback from senior studio staff
• Act as mentor/coach/advisor as required to all team personnel, from interns to leads, to help them succeed in delivering on product goals
• Be a role model to all team members
• Use your leadership skills to engage your team members and inspire them to follow your guidance
• Minimum of 1 years of experience working in a production capacity
• Prefer experience in the video game industry, preferably with AAA console titles
• Experience working with outsourcing partners strongly desired
• Must be able to travel as required for tradeshows
• Must be passport eligible
• Expert-level knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
• Strong familiarity with project management tools such as JIRA, Hansoft, or similar
• Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal
• Demonstrable ability to solve complex problems expediently
• Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
• Strong ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, in a fast-paced environment
• Enthusiastic, passionate, and team-oriented
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89mbq-3-238-248-200-42 in your application.