Associate Artist, Technical (Temp)
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
Associate, Technical Artist (Temp)
NetherRealm Studios seeks an Associate Technical Artist to work with the Character Art Lead, Senior Character Artists, Concept Artists, and other Technical Artists to assist in all aspects of the character pipeline - from asset integration to polish to optimization.
*Please note this role will be based onsite at NetherRealm Studios in Chicago.
• Create and maintain blueprints and other character assets in Unreal 4.
• Optimize and ensure content fits within memory and performance budgets.
• Work closely with diverse teams consisting of technical artists, artists, designers, and engineers.
• Work with other Technical Artists to create and improve tools and workflows.
• Participate in asset reviews.
• Skilled in Unreal 4/5.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of blueprints and sequencer.
• Willing to work on meticulous, at times tedious, and non-glamorous tasks.
• Knowledge of the latest industry-standard tools, workflows, and techniques including physically based rendering, or hair grooming.
• Good communication, organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
The Nice to Haves
• Experience working with complex materials in Unreal.
• Experience working with Python.
• Passion for making and playing games
The incumbent will be employed by Yoh Staffing and will receive salary and benefits accordingly.
If you're a qualified candidate and you require adjustments or accommodations to search for a job opening or apply for a position, please contact us at email@example.com.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8n429-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.