Senior Artist, UI
Designer, UX (Temporary)
The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a User Experience Designer to join the Mobile team behind the ''Injustice 2'' and ''Mortal Kombat X'' games. The UX Designer will work with the UI/UX Lead, fellow UX/UI Designers, Production Management and Game Designers to gather requirements, create screen flows, wireframes, product prototypes, assist in content development, and in developing usability test plans. Testing feedback and data analysis will also inform iterative changes to our designs.
You should be familiar with mobile industry best practices and proficient with Adobe XD or an equivalent. Ideal candidates will be able to work remotely with Devs and Visual Designers yet also self-direct their work when necessary.
NetherRealm has a strong history of developing solid action games and we're on track to continue doing so. We value new ideas and hard work, however as a game studio we try to keep a fun and casual environment.
• 3 or more years of UX design experience.
• Experience designing for mobile games or applications.
• Previous game development experience is a plus.
• Prior experience in launching consumer apps or games.
Education, Professional Training, Technical Training or Certification
• Bachelor's degree or higher in a related field.
• Proficient in Adobe XD or equivalent wireframing and prototyping software.
• Knowledge of UI /UX industry standards and trends.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Ability to adapt and manage shifting priorities as projects evolve.
• Familiar with the Agile process.
• Experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first.
• Body of work showcasing your process, iterations, and final product.
• Familiarity with video games and mobile apps.
• A desire to create a strong end product.
• Strong desire to design industry-leading games and ship the highest quality AAA games.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkezxk-3-236-55-22-42 in your application.