The creative team that brought Mortal Kombat and Injustice to life is now NetherRealm Studios, part of the Warner Bros. Games family. With over 20 years of creation under our belts, NetherRealm's mission remains the same: to create cutting edge entertainment and deliver industry leading tech, game art and overall gaming experiences. NetherRealm Studios is a collaborative and creative environment, constantly striving to up the ante on what is possible in interactive entertainment. Our team is comprised of dedicated professionals with years of experience who are at the forefront of the gaming industry. The passion and energy that made Mortal Kombat a reality is still on display every day in our offices, our hallways and most definitely the studio's arcade room.
NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc., seeks an Advanced Technical Artist who will be responsible for proposing and demonstrating creative solutions to maximize the production efficiency of the entire art team through pipeline and tools improvements. This person will work closely with the Art Leads and Art Director to prioritize pipeline tooling to help simplify complex tasks, speed up content iteration, and improve artist workflows. They will also be responsible for proposing creative ideas to push our technology forward and keep up with the leading industry standards of quality.
• Work with Art Leads to identify pipeline weaknesses and prioritize needs
• Write python scripts for Maya, Mobu, & UE4
• Develop improvements to art pipelines
• Debug pipeline issues as needed
• Support and train various art teams in new techniques
• Advanced Python language skills
• Advanced Maya skills
• Familiarity with UE4 dev engine
• 5+ years of experience in Game Dev pipelines
• Must be able to coordinate and problem solve complex tasks with many moving pieces
• Must have excellent communication and collaborative skills- coordinating and working with multiple departments to achieve set goals.
The Nice to Haves
• Advanced knowledge of UE4 and blueprints
• Experience working with UE4 Blutilities
• Familiarity with Motion Builder
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. You can find them at www.wbd.com/guiding-principles/ along with some insights from the team on what they mean and how they show up in their day to day. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you're a qualified candidate with a disability and you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for this position, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3nbox-3-236-209-138-42 in your application.