Director Marketing - Nordics
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials and at affordable prices.
We're looking for a creative self starter to work on our PR in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) with a focus on specific titles. Our PR team is responsible for raising awareness of Netflix's brand and enhancing our reputation across the region while promoting series and films.
You will drive publicity campaigns and collaborate with cross-functional partners. You will independently formulate and execute ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and make things happen. Based in Amsterdam, you will report to our Director of Middle East, Turkey, and Africa who will lead our PR for the broader region, and guide work across MENA.
• At least 10 years of experience in an Arab entertainment or lifestyle PR setting - either agency, TV/Film/Music network or lifestyle brand
• The ability to build narratives and put together PR plans across multiple time zones and functions
• A keen understanding of new and traditional media and strong relationships with journalists - proactively pitching stories across TV, radio and newspapers
• A grasp of the diversity of the region and big picture issues that matter
• Experience managing agencies
• A love of entertainment and storytelling.
• Good written and oral communication skills in English and Arabic.
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• A good sense of humor.
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
• Has a point of view. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support their position with a clear rationale
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
For more about Netflix please read our long term view and culture memo.