Netflix recently opened two LA-based buildings to house its animation film and series studios. Both spaces offer (1) collaborative, technically accurate review spaces, (2) premium offline edit bays, and (3) amazing production dialogue record rooms . We are building an engineering and technical support team to facilitate those spaces for a wide variety of corporate and production use cases.
You will build and lead the engineering and technical support team for the offline edit bays, collaboration rooms, and screening facilities at our Animation Studios in Burbank and Hollywood, creating a focused and consistent model across the two sites. Your team will consist of highly skilled and communicative engineers to provide expertise and support to our productions and creative artists, ensuring our in-house facilities and specialist rooms are fully optimized and continue to evolve to meet the creative demands of our filmmakers.
This role will demand forming strong working partnerships with our other key engineering teams across the Studio and Product organizations to ensure optimum support to our filmmakers working in the Animation Studios, as well as the development and evolution of our internal tools, platforms, and technology initiatives. The candidate will have experience collaborating closely with software developers and manufacturers, providing feedback and knowledge of real-world Animation Production challenges. They will have a deep understanding of the language and culture of product development, with the ability to provide context and perspective in a Research and Development capacity.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for the smooth running of the technical infrastructure and operation on-premises at the Animation Studios.
• Manage a team of technicians and engineers to provide on-site and off-site support for our specialty spaces, ensuring operational functionality, best practices, and evolution.
• Create a cross-training program for your team to allow them to support each other during heavy workload times.
• Define, refine and evolve the engineering and technology support structure, both for on-premise and off-premise requirements, with our specialist engineering teams in Studio and Product.
• Capture and analyze support requests to recognize trends over time.
• Provide real-world perspective, setting the context, parameters, and business requirements, for our Studio and Product Team partners to provide Tier 2 & 3 levels of support.
• Partner with other engineering stakeholder teams to develop and evolve tools, platforms, and workflows that meet the challenges and demands of the business in the future state.
• Provide workflow expertise, knowledge, and guidance to our Animation filmmakers, content partners, and creative artists using our specialist rooms.
• Ensure the network is optimized at the Animation Studios to business requirements at all times, partnering closely with our Tier 2 internal engineering teams to tightly define and refine responsibilities and SLAs to ensure smooth operational running.
• Provide on-site preventative maintenance and calibration to technical infrastructure to ensure optimum performance
• Manage the animation post engineering budget.
• 10+ years of experience in facility engineering and/or technology roles within Animation Post Production, Studio, or Network.
• Deep knowledge and experience of content creation and post-production workflows encompassing NLE, Dailies, Dialogue Recording, Color Science, Picture, and Audio mastering.
• Strong relationships and hands-on knowledge of key Industry Manufacturers, their tools, and software, such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Black Magic Resolve, Baselight, ProTools, and Colorfront.
• Deep understanding of networking (switched IP protocols, DNS, ports), network storage, and workstation architectures and how they relate to and optimize post-production workflows and media management.
• Experience and expertise across Windows, Mac, Linux operating systems and workstation hardware, workstation hardware (GPU's, memory, etc..) and Google Apps for Business.
• Experience with and ability to respectfully but authoritatively engage with creative executives and content creators
• Ability to manage and operate in ambiguous situations and think on your feet to solve challenges and problems.
• Strong communication skills with proven ability to socialize, explain and ''sell'' new and complex technology, tools, and workflows.
• Proven track record of innovation, initiative, ideation, and implementation.
• Proven abilities to embrace, drive and enable change management
• Experience with instituting quality management frameworks and process improvement
• Experience working with diverse teams across multiple functions, skills, and locations.
• Strong organizational skills with a proactive mentality, positive orientation, and outlook.
• Ability to respond after hours to meaningful, timely, or urgent matters
• Team player who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented setting.
• Ability to handle a heavy volume of work, supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery).
• Passionate about our culture and values in the workplace
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g46nz1-3-238-24-209-42 in your application.