Content Marketing Manager
Los Angeles, CA
The Editorial & Publishing team is on the pulse of conversation among our consumers - not just listening, but participating in and starting thoughtful, hilarious, exciting discussions with fans. Though we are part of the larger marketing organization, the Editorial & Publishing team's work is unique in that it feels more like what you'd see from an editorial outlet like Buzzfeed's Pero Like or Mitu than a social marketing team. As our slate of content continues to grow, we're looking for an editorial-minded social expert with deep expertise in Latino communities to help us reach and connect with this audience.
What is Con Todo?
Con Todo exists to uplift Latino talent, stories and perspectives through relatable content that contributes to la cultura – from empowering stories and celebrations of the community, to entertaining commentary with a side of juicy chisme. Since launching in 2020, Con Todo has been growing across multiple platforms (IG/TW/Podcasts) and pushing boundaries to support diverse Latino voices and help build a more inclusive Hollywood.
We're looking for an Editorial Manager to lead Con Todo's strategy, take creative risks, and be a key driver of growing and scaling the channel. You'll not only be thinking through new ways to talk about Netflix content with this audience, but also larger cultural moments and trends that shape conversation for the nuanced and diverse US population who identify as Latinos.
This hire will be responsible for partnering with relevant Marketing, Content, Publicity/Comms and Policy teams to develop and create true editorial coverage and storytelling of the Netflix brand, titles and talent in a way that increases the connection with the incredibly important Latino audience, while also increasing the size, influence and scale of Con Todo itself.
We are seeking a highly driven, self-motivated person who loves TV, movies and the culture around them. To be successful in this role, you'll need to be a true audience expert – well-versed in the nuances and specificities of subgroup identities within the Latino community, as well as the experiences that transcend those differences, and connect Latinos across differing countries of heritage, relationships to Spanish, regional slang, etc. You should be equally comfortable in a discussion about the first wave of Chicano cinema as well as the latest Bad Bunny single.
You are comfortable scrutinizing your own ideas, and you are always the first to ask ''how could this have been better?'' This job will require you to juggle many different kinds of short- and long-term tasks including coordinating with different parts of the company, producing and giving notes on video creative, copywriting, defining high-level strategy for Con Todo overall, and much more - and nimbly move through all these responsibilities with ease. You have excellent judgment to balance the needs of the community and the needs of our business. Your natural ability as a storyteller allows you to watch any movie or TV show and find an interesting angle, or two, or five. Your experience in media or marketing enables you to take those angles and translate them into different kinds of output across various formats and social platforms. Above all, you have impeccable taste, great ideas, and the passion, energy, and creative ambition to see it all through.
• Evolve and maintain an editorial tone and perspective for the Con Todo handles that matches the needs of the diverse Latino audience
• Advance the long-term strategy to move our relevance and credibility with this audience forward
• Advocate for Con Todo by working closely with our cross-functional partners (publicity, marketing, policy and content) to elevate thinking, create a regular cadence of high impact moments, and bring different disciplines along with you
• Partner with key E&P partners to syndicate Con Todo content where applicable, to help grow and spread awareness
• Work with MS&O team to meet ambitious growth goals without compromising creative integrity
• Build and manage budgets
• Build relationships both inside and outside of Netflix to increase the access and credibility of the brand within the Latino community
• Pilot conversation driving repeatable formats that live across the Con Todo ecosystem
• Regularly interact with talent, PR reps, and influencers to build understanding and trust of what Con Todo is trying to achieve
• Be experimental with content, take risks with what you're creating, be ambitious and original
The ideal candidate is/has:
• Deep knowledge of the platforms that are important to this audience, how to properly leverage them, and why certain content is shareable across certain platforms
• Hands-on experience building and managing fan communities
• The ability to tell an engaging, cohesive story through multiple mediums (Twitter threads, Instagram posts, YouTube videos, podcasts, etc.)
• Respect and understanding for Netflix culture - no brilliant jerks
• Meaningful experience working directly with talent and talent representation, in meetings and on shoots/sets. You'll be presenting our marketing plans to showrunners, filmmakers, producers, talent, and executives. You should be a strong presenter; confident and collected - and great with talent
• Speaks fluent Spanish (native speaker) with clear, effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the confidence to advocate for our team and the Latino audience in a room where talent or executives may have differing opinions
• Proven track record of creating content that gets written, shared, and talked about. Constantly coming up with ideas, with a high level of taste.
• A risk-taker with strong instincts that back up a willingness to do what no other brand would
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d93o7m-3-227-0-150-42 in your application.