Space and Occupancy Planner
Los Angeles, CA
The Director, Physical Security will lead and build a high impact security operations team focused on protecting Netflix personnel and facilities worldwide. As part of the Corporate Real Estate, Workplace, Safety & Security (CREWS) team, you will own the strategy, development and deployment of a comprehensive physical security operations program for our owned & leased facilities, including offices & studios.
You're a thoughtful and tenured leader who has built and grown a global team in a multinational company. We have a unique culture that is embraced across all functions. You understand that legacy or best practice security solutions are not what will make you successful. You will understand how to adapt traditional security approaches, programs, and operations with our unique culture. You will be able to create a vision & strategy for physical security that aligns with our organizational and operational risk profile. It won't be a one size fits all approach!
This Director, Physical Security role will be based in Hollywood, CA and reports to Netflix's Head of CREWS.
Netflix is the world's leading digital entertainment service. As we expand globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to help us scale. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
• Lead and develop overall physical security strategy for Netflix office & studio locations worldwide.
• Highly aligned with cross functional partners including workplace leaders, physical production teams, and senior stakeholders to develop and implement a physical security program that aligns with our risk & threats.
• Develop a baseline approach for the physical security program that can be used to assess our current portfolio and influence the site selection and design of new facilities.
• Develop and roll-out a strategy for a contracted guard force that includes coverage requirements, post orders, and integration with CREWS leadership.
• Grow an existing security operations center model that maintains awareness & monitoring of our employees, productions, properties and active threats.
• Develop and roll-out a global crisis & incident management program that can be leveraged for all operational, safety, and security issues.
• Develop a vision & strategy for long range technology needs and align with CREWS technology leadership on prioritization.
• Align & partner with Production Security leadership, which may include supporting events, collaboration with the risk & intelligence function, and leveraging areas of expertise, as needed.
• With your HR Business Partner, design a long term staffing & organizational model that aligns with the overall CREWS vision.
• Strengthen external partnerships with local and state law enforcement, federal agencies, third party vendors and community organizations.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Security, or related field with at least 15 years of experience with increasing scope, responsibility and complexity at a multinational company.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in building, managing, mentoring, and inspiring physical security operations teams, with a proven track record of leveraging data to drive significant business impact.
• Ability to identify, analyze, and explain the present or future needs for proposed security initiatives to senior management.
• Comfortable leading large cross functional initiatives, and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills coupled with strong business acumen
• Experience in conducting risk and vulnerability assessments and operational security design/planning.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 195 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.