Coordinator, Post Production - Nonfiction (India)
And with the move into original film acquisition and production underway, it's a great time to join Netflix.
We are seeking an experienced Post Production professional, to work as part of a dynamic team to oversee a wide range of shows including Documentary, Unscripted Reality and Comedy. This position will organize vital post information and workflows across our Nonfiction titles from pre-production through archive & wrap using internal tools, as well as supporting projects with our cross-functional teams within Netflix.
The role will be based out of our Mumbai office.
This role is of an individual contributor in the Post Management team and a successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organisation and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, a highly effective communicator and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
This role will support Post Managers, and will work with cross functional partners internally, whilst also being a key point of support for external production partners. Collaborative working is a must for this role. A strong technical understanding of all things post and great logistical skills are core.
Please submit a cover letter as well as a resume when you apply.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Key point of contact for post with both internal and external teams throughout the process from pitch to delivery.
• Track and oversee all post schedules, keeping things up to date and well communicated.
• Set up and manage cut viewings for internal teams.
• Liaise with the external Post production teams and partner with internal Specialists with onboarding crew/ vendors to internal Netflix tools and as needed through the delivery process - i.e QC, localisation, archiving assets, etc.
• Maintain and curate preferred vendor/ crew lists.
• Set up communication channels and lead conversations as needed.
• Manage and facilitate requests from Publicity and Marketing teams.
• Update and manage all relevant information in internal databases - including show info, talent, locations and rates, etc.
• Set up key creative approval sessions when necessary (i.e mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Audit completion/delivery of post production materials during prep, production, archive and wrap.
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with the Legal Department.
• Introduce Screenings and Publicity teams to Production Partners as required.
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, workflows as required.
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies.
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times.
• 5+ years experience working in Post Production or related verticals, on high end broadcast documentaries, unscripted content and comedy - in either a project supervising or managerial role.
• Experience in a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Familiar with the current trends and workflows for UHD/4K, HDR and Atmos.
• Operational proficiency in post production tools like Adobe Premiere Pro, Davinci Resolve etc.
• Knowledge of post production finishing formats and codecs.
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting.
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
• Understanding of how to prioritise and respond accordingly.
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask.
• Proficiency in Google Suite.
• Understanding of budgeting will be advantageous.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7ne39-18-204-48-64-42 in your application.