Coordinator, Post Production (Germany)
We are seeking an experienced Post Production Coordinator to work as part of a dynamic team to oversee a wide range of projects including our local production. This position will be based in our Berlin office. High proficiency in German and English languages as well as working experience in the German post production industry are essential. We want folks from different backgrounds to feel expected, reflected and respected at Netflix, and therefore we are committed to providing an accessible working environment for everyone.
A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and attention to detail at all times.
This is a versatile and fast-moving position that requires someone who is proactive, solution-oriented, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative. The role will support Post Managers and Creative Execs internally, whilst also being a key point of support for external partners. Collaborative working is a must, with a need to liaise with many internal specialist teams to ensure our content is maintained at the highest standards and to deadlines. A strong technical understanding of all things post and great logistical skills are core.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, and workflows
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specifications, and technologies
• Track and manage all post schedules, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing for internal Creative Execs
• Set up and attend post-production calls and meetings as needed
• Coordinate with internal specialists from onboarding new projects through the delivery process - i.e. QC, localisation, archiving assets, etc
• Update and manage internal databases/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Set up key creative approval sessions such as final sound and colour reviews
• At least 3 years of directly relevant working experience as freelance Post Supervisor/Coordinator, Inhouse Producer, or in a comparable overarching role within a post facility.
• Previous experience on independent or studio feature films and TV series
• Fluency in German & English
• Knowledge and experience in working with local vendors (editorial, sound, color, etc.)
• Working knowledge of UHD/4K cameras and workflows is preferred
• Understanding of some of the tools such as Resolve or Avid or similar
• A strong desire to learn new technologies
• Effective communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely, or urgent matters
• Being open to travel to vendors / international offices is appreciated
• Understanding of how to prioritize and how to respond accordingly.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5k137-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.