From Chef's Table to Tiger King, Conversations with a Killer: The Ted Bundy Tapes to Our Planet, Netflix is the preeminent home for best-in-class documentary content. Behind it all sits the Netflix's Documentary Series team; an organization of people who are passionate about creating elevated, captivating documentaries and making them available for viewers all around the globe to see.
We are seeking a Post Production expert to add to the UCAN Documentary Series Post Production Team in Los Angeles. This position will support Netflix Post Production Managers in executing the day to day tasks involved in overseeing a slate of Documentary Series produced by external production companies. Post Production Coordinators act as a key point of contact with both external and internal partners; tracking and organizing vital post information and workflows from pre-production through post & wrap, as well as helping support ongoing projects with cross-departmental teams at Netflix.
A successful candidate will have a thorough understanding of post-production, with hands on experience working on shows in post, and an insatiable curiosity in all things documentary. Candidates should be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities, with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is solution driven and a positive thinker. Candidates should excel at exercising good judgment and communication even during times of ambiguity.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and oversee all post schedules, keeping things up to date and well communicated
• Set up and manage cut viewings for internal Creative Execs
• Set up and attend post production calls and meetings as needed
• Key point of contact for post with both internal and external teams throughout the process from pitch to delivery
• Coordinate onboarding new projects with internal Specialists and as needed through the delivery process - i.e QC, localization teams, archiving assets, etc
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Update and manage all relevant information in internal databases - including show info, talent, locations and rates, etc
• Set up key creative approval sessions when necessary (i.e mix, grade reviews, etc)
• Set up and schedule legal clearance reviews with Legal Department
• Support the post managers reviewing schedules, budgets, quotes, workflows as required
• Keeping up to date with Netflix tools, specs and technologies
• Attend post events, shows and meetings as required, representing Netflix at the highest standard at all times
• Minimum 3-5 years of non-fiction post-production experience in either a project supervising or managerial role. Documentary experience is a plus.
• Experience in a fast paced environment overseeing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• A passion for documentary content, and a comfort navigating the ever-changing plans that go hand in hand with documentary filmmaking.
• Knowledge of current trends and workflows for both UHD/4K, Dolby Vision/HDR, and Dolby Atmos.
• Familiar with professional-grade camera formats and compression and post production tools used during editorial, online, grading and sound post workflows.
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Desire and self motivation to continuously learn
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Proficiency in Google Suite and budgeting software would be advantageous
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rjq10w-3-236-239-91-42 in your application.