Head Of Content Legal
We are seeking for an experienced and passionate Coordinator for our Anime Content Acquisition team. The team is based in Tokyo and is responsible for identifying and acquiring content for anime.
As a key member of the content acquisition team, you will be a passionate advocate for the team's initiatives amongst various internal stakeholders in Tokyo, Los Angeles and other offices.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail, and a self-starter. This is a demanding and fast-paced role with growth potential that requires curiosity and significant initiative. Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese is also important as s/he will be called upon to join meetings, provide updates and give presentations to key business partners. S/he will report to the Manager of Content Acquisition. The position is based in Tokyo, Japan.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Source and evaluate manga, game and character IPs for high quality anime content that will engage our viewers
• Develop and provide summaries and necessary information of the various IPs to business partners both local and global
• Track trends and analyze performance, cultivating relationships and research in local markets in an effort to find new titles and projects
• Develop a deep understanding of content markets through continuous focus on and knowledge of the competitive and market environment
• Communicate with, share information and work with various teams across the company on a regular basis and as needed on a project basis, and proactively connect and communicate with internal business partners globally
• Communicate market trends and industry shifts, including implications and recommendations
• Independently execute and use discretion to escalate issues in a timely and appropriate manner
• Understand, advocate, and embody the company's values and team goals
• Heavy communication internally and externally, providing support for the Content team as needed
• Assess cross-functional workflow and problem solve for operational efficiencies
• BA/BS Degree
• Minimum 5 years of experience working in entertainment industry or business
• Strong desire to learn and be a part of the TV, film, and anime industry
• Strong passion and interest in Anime
• Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese, including the ability to cultivate internal and external relationships
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
• Demonstrated experience in market analysis, competitive analysis and strategic thinking
• Ability to work independently and change direction frequently
• Ability to manage and process detailed information while keeping perspective on the bigger picture
• Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and multi-task
• Excellent project and time management skills
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Google docs are a must
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.