Project Manager - Media Localization & Fulfillment
We are seeking to bring on a Post Production Assistant based in Japan to help manage both internal and third party co-productions from a post perspective with both scripted and unscripted series. The Post Production team is responsible for supervising all aspects of production with our Japan Content team. The Assistant will support the Post Production Managers and Coordinators who will manage the titles from the beginning until the launch. The production phases that the Assistant will support will be pre-production, principle photography, editorial, picture and sound finishing, including consolidating deliverables.
This is an entry level role for someone who has always been fascinated about the post production process film/series creation and is deeply passionate to develop a career in the field and learn the cutting-edge post process at Netflix. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, assertive, diplomatic in communication, quick-thinking, flexible and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times while working closely with the cross functional teams.
This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiatives. The role will be focused on supporting Japanese live-action contents that are shot and finished throughout Japan.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Track and manage all post schedules
• Communicate and align with internal cross functional teams for launch preparation
• Set up and manage dailies and cut viewing access for shows
• Coordinate onboarding partners for new projects
• Update and manage internal database/trackers
• Manage Publicity and Marketing requests and assets
• Eager to learn all the aspects of post production processes
• Set up and attend key creative approval sessions such as final dub playbacks, VFX reviews, or color correction reviews with Post Production Manager/Coordinator to learn post process
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• 3 years of working experience in the entertainment industry, ideally in film, studio, or production
• Strong passion for post production and a fast learner who will proactively learn the post process including current trends and technology
• Ability to handle a fast-paced environment supervising several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery)
• Ability to respond after hours for important, timely or urgent matters
• Team-player who operates in a fast-paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Willingness to learn and understand the current post process
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multitask
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Movie Magic Budgeting, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides and Google Mail
• Fluent Japanese and business level English ability
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, place of birth, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military service status or disability status.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6vp7q-44-197-111-121-42 in your application.