Report, News Anchor
• Tell the market's weather stories in a way that connects with and captivates viewers.
• Develop innovative and creative ways of presenting the daily weather story, with an emphasis on accuracy and hyper local forecasting.
• Produce weather graphics and analyze data from the National Weather Service as well as other meteorological sources.
• Work with the weather team and producers to create complete coverage of weather events. Also prepare post forecasts for multiple news platforms.
• Live reporting and attendance at community and weather-related events will be required.
• Daily social media post, especially during severe weather events.
• MMJ duties may apply during work week.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a broadcast TV Meteorologist, weather anchor or news reporter AMS, or NWA seal of approval or the ability to begin process of certification
• Must have working knowledge of computer graphics systems such as: WSI, and Accuweather Proven experience using forecasting tools including Doppler Radar and Satellite Maps
• Must be completely fluent in Spanish and have proven excellent written and spoken Spanish-language skills
• Proven ability to ad-lib effortlessly on-air while under pressure during weather breaking news and during newscasts
• Must be willing and able to work extended hours, varying shifts (including nights, weekends and holidays)
• Report to work in emergencies depending upon news coverage when required.
• College degree in Meteorology or related field
• Able to work flexible hours and/or weekends as needed for severe weather coverage
• Passionate about weather and committed to the team effort for the station's success
• Excellent people skills in order to work well within a team
• Ability to multi-task in a dynamic, content driven, technology intensive environment
• Also fluent in speaking and writing in English language is highly desired
• Non-Meteorologist encourage to apply with agreement to enroll in Meteorology Program.