New York, NY
This position is represented by the NewsGuild-CWA.
TODAY Digital is looking for a highly skilled video producer to join our lifestyle team and produce stunning original videos for our digital streaming, mobile and social platforms .
The ideal candidate will be a strong producer / shooter and editor with a proven track record of creating gorgeous, well written, addictive digital video. A genuine passion for food/lifestyle video and TODAY's other core video verticals (talent, pop culture, features) is a must. This producer will work with our Supervising Producer of lifestyle and food to concept and create both one-off videos and series in these areas to succeed on TODAY All Day, TODAY.com, social, and across partners, as well as adapt to emerging platforms and opportunities.
Our original video offerings range from hacks & how-tos in each section to sit-down interviews and feature profiles. The ideal candidate for this role will bring enthusiasm and energy to each project. We're looking for someone who can not only come up with great ideas and potential sources/subjects in these areas, but who can also work with our editors to transform their ideas into reality and elevate our existing content into franchises that can dominate the lifestyle space.
The ideal candidate is able to produce, shoot and edit multiple videos per month.
We need someone who understands the TODAY brand and can bring that sensibility to each production. This is an exciting opportunity to work with an iconic media brand and exercise creativity as we extend our footprint and voice into the digital space.
• 5+ years of experience producing, shooting and editing
video for digital platforms
• Experience producing food and lifestyle content, with and
• Bachelor's degree
• Must have a strong aesthetic eye and cinematic
• Expertise with key productions in Adobe Creative Suite
(Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects.)
• Must be aware of latest formats and trends in digital
video as a distinct form of content
Additional Job Requirements:
• Ability to multitask and adapt to evolving priorities.
• Ability to write a script
• Collaborative spirit and outstanding communication skills
• Self-starter who can book and produce complex shoots
and meet deadlines.
• Experience managing freelance crews, including
shooters, food stylists and assistant producers
• Ambitious and driven to succeed, but also excited to
learn new equipment, techniques and processes.
• Imaginative and creative producer who is comfortable
completely reinventing existing franchises and inventing
• Exceptional organizational skills, able to manage many
projects moving along at different deadline speed