The DTS Performance Sales Planner is primarily responsible for supporting AE with all aspects of sales effort on assigned network(s). The DTS Performance Sales Planner monitors inventory, maintains existing deals, is liaison between sales and various departments as well as with agency contacts. The Planner mentors assigned assistant and develops a solid understanding of the nuances of the property assigned. The DR planner provides both sales team and agency contact with solutions for keeping revenue in-house.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare, revise and maintain DTS Performance sales schedules that maximize the use of inventory while fulfilling agency/client requirements. This includes creation of client specific Powerpoint decks and excel spreadsheets.
• Liaise with Sales, Planning, Comm Ops and Marketing to ensure sold schedules run as ordered including all media/sponsorship elements. Review inventory reports to manage sellout levels and offer solutions to AE/agencies in order to keep revenue in-house
• Deal Maintenance: work closely with Sales and Commercial Ops to manage all schedules and ensure revenue maximization
• Account Prospecting: Utilize sales tools to prospect new business and help identify target accounts
• Account Servicing: communicate directly with appropriate agency counterparts - serve as backup contact for AE
• Sales Assistant Mentoring: teach Assistant all aspects of their support role on a continual basis
• Work closely with Planning to coordinate avails/pricing thresholds
• Handle miscellaneous duties as assigned, including researching client and account
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 18 months related experience in media sales or buying
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet research
• Strong knowledge of media math and audience metrics
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and handle projects independently, as well as part of a team
• Ambitious and highly motivated
• Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong understanding of NBC Universal's TV and digital products is preferred
• Ability to alternate from detailed work to client interaction seamlessly
• Aspire for long-term growth in Sales
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71eok-34-229-64-28-42 in your application.