We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The NBCUniversal Local Sales Associates Program (SAP) is an accelerated development experience for early-career sales professionals. This highly competitive program identifies outstanding aspiring digital media sales professionals who bring diverse backgrounds to the organization. This fast-track training program offers associates experiences in all aspects of the sales cycle (including research and operations), as well as sales verticals (traditional broadcast media, digital, business development & out-of-home). This is an excellent opportunity for a jumpstart into the fast-paced field of media sales.
Associates will attend a 'boot camp' experience at one of the NBCUniversal Local stations. This will: orient associates to NBCUniversal/NBCUniversal Local division; expose associates to members of the NBCUniversal Local senior leadership and sales leadership teams; train associates in NBCUniversal Local stations' products, processes, such as NFL, NHL, FIFA World Cup Barclay's Premier League, The Golden Globes©, Digital and Non-Linear initiatives and related sales competencies.
After 'boot camp,' the sales associate will reside with the sales team at an NBCUniversal Local station for the duration of the program. The Sales Associates Program runs for a flexible period of 8-12 months and associates will have experiences with core selling, business development, and digital selling. This program also offers leadership development and exposure, networking, and developing key sales competencies. Former Sales Associates have moved on to Executive Sales roles within NBCUniversal through the course of their career.
• BA or BS in a related field or equivalent experience
• Experience using Excel and PowerPoint
• Minimum of 1 year of work experience, sales related preferred
• Strong communication/presentation skills - verbal and written
• Ability to relocate across the US in a geographic location, as assigned
• Available to join the program March 2024
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas just south of DFW airport.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Previous experience working in a sales organization as a Sales Planner, Sales Assistant, Marketing Planner, Customer Service Representative, Account Executive (seller) or similar role
• Interested in long-term career within media sales
• Passionate about NBCUniversal/NBCUniversal Local media products and platforms
• Knowledgeable about industry trends and external environment
• Self-starter who is driven to succeed and thrive in both corporate and start-up environments
• Strong ability to collaborate and coordinate across projects and functions, as necessary
• Able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is a plus
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk60p4-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.