NBC Universal International Distribution is responsible for the distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media to over 200 territories outside of the US and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. International Distribution is a division of Comcast NBC Universal.
You will be responsible for the creation and delivery of localized assets across a large portfolio of brands ranging from NBCU to Sky, DreamWorks, E!, Oxygen, Telemundo and more. You will work alongside key stakeholders in the company and a variety of groups including Studio Operations, Servicing, Legal and Sales, to ensure that our content is available across the world in its local language and in time to fulfill our deals.
• Manage creation and delivery of video, subtitles and dubbed audio in multiple languages, while ensuring quality and timely deliveries.
• Gather information regarding Production schedule changes and delivery delays. Communicate delays and delivery updates to internal teams and vendors. Responsible for taking delivery of additional various production materials for localization. Responsible for communicating production fixes to internal Servicing groups and vendors and coordinating delivery of replacement files.
• Liaise with vendors to explain project requirements and ensure vendors maintain appropriate processes and procedures, delivering on-time and within budget. Respond to vendors queries and provide guidance on how to solve issues.
• Responsible for directly communicating with the Studio Operations group to ensure that TVD mastering priorities are being met. This includes, but is not limited to, identifying, tracking, and accessing final video and audio assets, ensuring on time deliveries to vendors and clients.
• Develop and manage project budgets.
• Create and update vendor purchase orders in internal purchase order system. Update purchase orders with relevant delivery and invoice information.
• Responsible for delivery of source materials from studio to vendors within established timeframe.
• Establish, track, and manage timelines.
• Troubleshoot and resolve source related issues and rejections.
• Anticipate and effectively mitigate problems; and consistently communicate to management regarding updates on progress, relevant delays or issues and budget implications.
• Interact with Sales, Sales Administration, Legal, Marketing, Publicity, and Studio Operations to ensure that all necessary materials are properly created and provided to the licensed markets.
• Responsible for tracking newly created assets and ensure they are correctly archived.
• Assist in improving and scaling existing workflows and tools.
• Assist in metadata and art related questions, if needed.
• Perform additional related tasks as requested by management.
• Deliver assets to our clients.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management, asset management, post production.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in localization.
Additional Job Requirements
• Knowledge of file based mastering workflows, digital encoding formats and electronic delivery methods.
• Knowledge of dubbing and subtitling workflows.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Expert organizational skills and the ability to prioritize, monitor and manage workload.
• Focused with attention to detail
• Ability to work under pressure without compromising performance or accuracy in a deadline-oriented environment.
• Ability to work well within a team.
• Consistently communicates using appropriate methods for the situation in a clear, concise, and professional manner.
• Understanding of database systems.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpbj4o-3-238-90-95-42 in your application.