• Produce, organize and coordinate all elements involved in creating and producing a fast-paced newscast in Houston #4 Spanish DMA/# 8 General Market.
• Work closely with the Assistant News Director, Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors.
• Follow stations news philosophy of Breaking News, Breaking Weather, and Responde (Consumer investigative).
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure, without compromising accuracy or credibility.
• Be able to react to breaking news, change rundown accordingly, contribute story ideas daily, create graphics, assign & edit news-copy, produce other newscasts & specials as needed.
• Ability to work long hours if required in a news environment.
• A Degree in Broadcasting, Journalism or related field.
• A minimum of 3 years' experience writing in a broadcast or cable news environment.
• Spanish language proficiency (reading and writing).
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and shifts, weekend and holidays.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Houston, Texas #4 Spanish DMA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must have a valid Driver's License and excellent driving record.
• Recognize what viewers want to see on multiple platforms.
• Has a great understating of all social platforms.
• Ability to direct the news crew in a "producer-driven'' environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• A producer who is creative, who can showcase content in new & inventive ways
• A strong sense of urgency for breaking news.
• Great communicator on copy and with MMJ's.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events.
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines.
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.