Fox TV Stations
New York, NY
The news editor should have a proven track record of moving seamlessly between all types of news, including stories about law enforcement, health, race, social injustice, the economy and popular culture, among many other topics. The editor will often have to react instantly and responsibly to breaking news, and be similarly adept at nurturing enterprise and feature reporting that has impact.
The editor will work with other digital news editors to help set the daily editorial agenda of NBC News Digital, and lay out assignments for reporters with clear directions that foster sharp, pointed stories. It's important to be obsessive about storytelling for a mobile audience and to understand the power of social media for reporting, discovery and distribution.
We are especially interested in hearing from candidates who are based outside of New York, Washington or Los Angeles to improve geographic diversity within our regional reporter staff. Women and diverse candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Manage daily coverage of both breaking news and enterprise reporting.
• Help set editorial agenda and pitch story ideas to pursue.
• Work with a team of reporters and assign them to the day's top stories as well as thinking of where these stories are headed next.
• Work closely with other editors on daily and special projects, including the editors on the breaking news team.
• Make full use of the range of NBC News resources, including network newsgathering and multimedia.
• 4+ years as an editor in a newsroom environment, with
an emphasis on digital news, including demonstrated
experience editing breaking news and in-depth features.
• Candidates should demonstrate their experience in
assigning, writing and editing stories, and there is a
preference for editors who have managed employees.
• Open to working a flexible schedule.