Manager, Worldwide Electronic Sell-Through, VOD SVOD
Universal City, CA
The Manager, Sales Administration reports to the Sales Administration Director and participates in the management and supervision of the department, offering support and assistance to the entire team where needed. Responsible for managing the Output, Volume, and Package deals in China. Act as liaison between sales administration, servicing and content management for issues related to China censorship and providing supports to the censorship process. They work closely with the Sales team to support negotiations and substitute for Director during absences.
• Managing Output, Volume, and Package deals in China based on contractual terms using proprietary sales and availability management system to ensure accurate revenue recognition. Including the input and track VOD, SOD, FOD licenses, processing deals internally, and obtaining deal approvals.
• Provide availability lists to Sales or TV clients directly, per contractual obligations within output / volume deals and per requests from Sales to support new initiatives. Confirm client selections.
• Send legally binding notices (''product inclusion & product selections letters'') to clients per contractual obligations within output & volume deals. Ensure all contractual obligations and deadlines are met.
• Develop and maintain productive working relationships with the key contacts in China, particularly the Sales Liaison in Territory; Support Sales by creating, tailoring and tracking product offer lists.
• Establish direct relationships with TV clients & assist them with queries/needs that arise.
• Maintain high alignment with multiple cross-functional teams specifically with Servicing, Metadata, and Product Management to ensure titles are cleared through censorship process in order to maximize revenue.
• Tracking series telecast dates and distribution rights in relevant territories. Request metadata creation for censorship submission as new products become available.
• Work with Product Management team to create expanded synopsis for features and series products based on censorship requirement by the NRTA.
• Coordinating with operation contact in Beijing to ensure censorship metadata and materials are provided to the clients on a timely manner to avoid unnecessary delay.
• Coordinating with clients and servicing on the editing of featured films for censorship purposes.
• Source information from various internal/external sources and import into our proprietary database using our metadata tool, proofread, export and deliver metadata in Excel spreadsheets, XML or any other format in accordance with client specs.
• Commission metadata translations via outside vendors as needed in various languages and under strict deadlines.
• Liaise with vendors to explain project requirements and ensure vendors maintain appropriate processes and procedures, delivering on-time and within budget. Respond to vendors queries and provide guidance on how to solve issues.
• Prioritization and organization: Candidate must be able to juggle time-sensitive requests from multiple cross-functional teams.
• Attention to detail: Candidate must be able to manage a high volume of information with great accuracy.
• Strong analytical skill: Able to efficiently and accurately extract information by analyzing product availability reports and legal license agreements.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills: Candidate must be able to obtain and distill information accurately and convey information to cross-functional teams.
• Strong problem-solving skills: Candidate must be resourceful and collaborative in managing tasks and willing to contribute to team needs.
• Technology Savvy: Candidate must be comfortable learning new tools quickly. Strive for tool and process improvements. Strong knowledge in Excel is preferred.
• 3+ years of experience in Sales, Sales Administration, Content Management, and Rights Management preferred.
• Bi-Lingual in English and Mandarin Chinese with the ability to read, speak, and communicate in both languages.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Prior experience in entertainment industry with focus in TV Distribution preferred.